October 27, 2001
The following were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room:
- Mike Spehar, Chair
- Virginia de Marce, Vice Chair
- Walt Boyes, Technical
- Jody Dorsett, Requirements
- Pam Poggiani, Web Designer
Also present as observers:
Chair called meeting to order at 12:47 p.m. CDT, and declared a quorum.
Chair waived the reading of committee reports.
- Website - Webmaster, Location, Cost
- The website pages designed by Pam Poggiani were approved.
- The resignation of Tina England as Webmaster was accepted.
- Payment of the invoice for another year at the same server was denied.
- It was moved that the less-expensive site found by Luis Cedeno be used and that Luis Cedeno be named Webmaster; the motion was seconded and approved by vote. Walt Boyes will work with Luis on getting the website moved. Approval of expenditure for the website was put off until next meeting as the Treasurer was not present at the meeting, and the existing site is paid up through November 15. It was moved that Luis Cedeno begin the process of moving the domain and advise the Board about the expense. The Board will then determine if the funds are available, or if contributions will be needed.
- A motion was made to add Luis Cedeno and Morgen Kirby to the Board; the motion was seconded and approved by vote.
- A recent request for autographed hardcover books written by a quadriplegic to a publisher, and forwarded to ReadAssist.org by the publisher, was discussed. It was noted that this man is receiving assistance from other entities, and did not ask for anything within ReadAssist.org's purview; therefore the Board decided that nothing need be done by ReadAssist.org.
- The Chair called for nominations for the positions of Chair and Vice Chair, as both those officers are resigning those offices.
- Walt Boyes was nominated, but declined as he is already on the boards of five other non-profit charitable organizations.
- A motion nominating Judith Lasker for Chair and Jody Dorsett for Vice Chair was made. Simultaneously, a motion was made to nominate Mike Preston, Treasurer, as Vice Chair. In the discussion, which followed, it was decided that Mike Preston is too valuable as Treasurer. The first motion was amended: to establish a slate and elect, pending the candidates' acceptance, Judith Lasker as Chair and Jody Dorsett as Vice Chair. The motion was seconded and passed by vote. Mike Spehar, outgoing Chair, was appointed to notify Judith Lasker of her election.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:24 p.m. CDT.
In the absence of Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, submitted by Pam Poggiani, October 31, 2001.