January 22, 2005
Lasker declared a quorum at 3:03 PDT. The following members were present in the ReadAssist
- Judith Lasker, Chairperson
- Jody Dorsett, Asst. Chair/Treasurer
- Teresa Cochran, Peer Consultant/Webscriptions Goddess
- Janet Dailey, Communications
- Virginia DeMarce, Research/Publicity
- Evan Mayerle, Technical Gizmos
- Pam Poggiani, Website Manager
- Walt Boyes, Requirements
- Morgen Kirby, Client Relations
Dorsett reported the usual interest income $.21 and a $24.00 check to pay for the mailbox. No other fiscal
Free Webscriptions System for Baen Books
- Poggiani set up the email for Webscriptions Liaison to use. Users are Dailey, Kirby, Cochran, and Poggiani. The webscription applications will exist on the website.
- Poggiani reported that the ReadAssist.org webhost can accommodate the webscription process. It is CGI capable and Luis will set up a folder for webscriptions.
- Dorsett moved to accept the webscription application form. DeMarce seconded. Approved by majority vote.
- Parts of procedure for setting up the application system read (full procedure appended below).
- Dailey nominated Cochran as the Webscription Liaison. Boyes seconded. Unanimously approved. Dailey volunteered to assist until she found an assistant.
- Poggiani put together a working copy of the application procedures. We'll use these to test with and revise as needed. Backup copies should be made of the program and procedures when approved. Periodic copies of the application database will be made. Timing dependent on the volume of applications.
- Lasker will send out an email introducing Cochran to Arnold Bailey, the webscriptions guru at www.baen.com. Bailey will give access to those people vetted by Cochran. Dailey will work with Bailey concerning the test of the process.
Autographed Ring of Fire
- Dailey has heard that RoF should be on its way to Weber to participate. Also have Cresswell, Washburn, and Loren to get their signatures. Hope to get it back in time to take to Shevacon to get signatures there. AND hopes to have time to get DeMarce's before Shevacon. Dorsett will take it then to get Lackey and KD's.
Poggiani moved to adjourn. DeMarce seconded. Unanimously approved.
Next meeting will be on SATURDAY, February 19, 2005, 10 AM PDT, ReadAssist Chatroom (set up by Dailey).
Submitted by Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, February
January 22, 2005
Dorsett reported $.21 interest income and expense of $24.00 to pay for PO Box.
January 22, 2005
The website is getting updated, bit by bit. I have redone the main level, and have goofed here and there in doing so; fixes will be up in two weeks. (Cedeno has reserved every other Thursday for doing this, until school is over and done with.)
Pictures of Jimmy got lost somewhere in the ether; resending by Dorsett to Cedeno would be appreciated.
Google has provided a link to www.ReadAssist.org to a few searchers, who have emailed us with thanks, or
requests for complementary listings.
/s/ Pam Poggiani, Website Design
Procedure for Establishing Free Webscriptions
- Dailey submits Form to Board; Board approves. Board appoints Liaison (no later than #6 below.
- Poggiani applies HTML to Form, including NOINDEX so that search engines will not provide a link directly to this page; sends HTML version to Dorsett for forwarding to his scriptwriter.
- Scriptwriter sends script to Dorsett; Dorsett, Poggiani, Cedeno determine subfolder name and position and insert address of script into Form.
- Cedeno sets up subfolder and puts script and Form on website.
- At least two boardmembers go to the Form page, make entries, and submit.
- Dorsett and/or Cedeno instruct Liaison in accessing the database; Liaison checks to be sure the Form and script work.
- Board, in the person of either Lasker or Flint, notifies Baen that the system is set up; provides URL to Form page and requests that he inspect it to see that it meets his specs.
- wants changes; Dorsett, scriptwriter, Poggiani, Cedeno comply.
- Baen approves.
- When final approval is received, Poggiani and Cedeno update eBooks page to supply link to the Qualification Form in the listing for Webscriptions.
- Liaison checks database and email (QualifyFree@ReadAssist.org) regularly; answers mail, vets applicants and forwards info to Bailey.