May 20, 2001
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar
- Mike Spehar, Chairman
- Judith Lasker, Finance
- Mike Preston, Treasurer
- Janet Dailey, Commo
- Eric Flint, Advisor
Chair, called meeting to order at 3:02 PM CST, May 20, 2001 and declared a quorum.
All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer & Recorder. Minutes of April 22, 2001 meeting were posted to Baen's Bar on April 25, 2001.
- Chair dispensed with the Reports since the meeting is to recap preparations for LibertyCon.
- Chair asked when Jimmy would be arriving at the con. Dailey expects him to arrive mid-afternoon on Friday, May 25. She will be calling Wednesday, May 23, 2001 to confirm. Chair suggested having a welcoming committee, ETA tentatively scheduled for 1400 hrs Friday, 25 May.
- Chair asked if all the items needed for table were taken care of. Dailey will be bringing all items except for name tags, which Pogo is bringing.
- Chair asked if there would be any seating problems for Jimmy. Dailey has talked to several con com members, and they are aware that Jimmy is a wheelchair participant. Will plan to have Jimmy's escort get him to any functions he wants to attend early..
- Chair asked if there would be any manpower problems with staffing the ReadAssist table. Dailey replied that we would have barely enough coverage if we staff it Fri 2 - 6, Sat 10 - 6 and Sunday 10 - 6 (each member takes two 2-hoiur blocks which covers the 20 scheduled hours). We'll draft manpower from the BF pool attending the con.
- Chair asked about party room preparations. Dailey and Dorsett have most of them tentatively arranged. Preston and Pogo are bringing contribution. Cash is welcome in lieu of contributions of party supplies/goodies.
- Chair called for motion to adjourn. Preston so moved and Lasker seconded. Passed by Board Vote. Next meeting is scheduled for June 3, 2001.
Submitted by Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, May 22, 2001
Treasurer's Report, submitted by Mike Preston, May 5, 2001
|Cash on Hand ||$879.34 |
|Credit Card Available||$312.01|
$195.00 cashier's check mailed to Don Dailey on Friday, May 4, 2001 for brochures.
Upcoming Calls on Resources
The minutes of the last meeting indicated that Eric would pick up the second night of Jimmy's room. If Eric wants reimbursement, I will do so after the Con.
No other calls on resources approved by the Board.
/s/ Mike Preston