December 1, 2001
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room:
- Judith Lasker, Chairman, Finance
- Jody Dorsett, Vice Chair
- Mike Preston, Treasurer
- Janet Dailey, Communications
- Eric Flint, Advisor
- Mike Spehar
- Morgen Kirby, Contact Coordinator
- Walt Boyes, Technical
- Luis Cedeno, Webmaster
- Virginia DeMarce
- Evan Mayerle, Gizmo Subcommittee
- Pam Poggiani, Webpage Design
Chair called meeting to order at 11:09 AM CDT, and declared a quorum.
All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer and Recorder.
- Reports were sent to members before the meeting.
- Boyes reported that Jimmy was having computer problems. Chair directed Kirby to pvoide Jimmy's phone number so a tech call could be lined up. Dorsett would see if some of his contacts could help. Boyes motioned that we pay for the service call. Dorsett seconded. Passed by Board vote.
- Kirby reported that Jimmy was doing better. He had been at the hospital, but was doing better.
- Dorsett donated any shirt expenses.
- Boyes reported the website was down but Cedeno would be working on it after he finished his college classes.
- Kirby volunteered to help teach Jimmy how to use his computer better.
- Chair asked for any New Business.
- DeMarce motioned that we pay for the ReadAssist post office box. Spehar seconded.
- Preston will post information to FAQ and MoD about those who still owe pledges.
- Chair called for motion to adjourn. Preston so moved and Boyes seconded. Passed by Board vote.
- Next meeting is scheduled for January 12, 2002.
P.S. Post meeting information: Boyes did have Barry, the computer tech, get over to fix Jimmy's computer. The main problem was the CD-R was bad. Jimmy will have to re-do his e-books, but everything else seems OK. Barry helped Jimmy with a few things on his system and then did not charge for the service call.
Submitted by Janet Daily, Communications and Recorder, January 10, 2002.
Treasurer's Report submitted by Mike Preston, 1 December 2001
|Funds on Hand || ||$890.73 |
|Gross from T-shirts || ||$223.50 |
|Total || ||$1,114.23|
|Calls on Funds||$0 || |
|Expenses on Shirts (incurred by Dorsett) || ||$284.91|
Technical Committee Report submitted by Walt Boyes, 27 November 2001
Re: Registration of Domain Name.
Tina (former Webmaster) has to turn it over to Luis Cedeno. Pam Poggiani is working with Luis.
Commo Report, submitted by Janet Dailey, Chair, November 29, 2001
Recap since last report (May):