Meeting of the Barfly Arthritis Endeavor Now (B.A.E.N.) Board Committee, January 14, 2001.
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room:
- Mike Spehar, Chairman
- Eric Flint, Board Advisor
- Judith Lasker, Finance
- Walt Boyes, Technical
- Jody Dorsett, Requirements
- Evan Mayerle
- Janet Dailey, Commo
Chair, called meeting to order at 2:07 PM CST, January 14, 2001, and declared a quorum. All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer & Recorder. Minutes of December 31, 2000 meeting were posted to Baen's Bar on January 5, 2001. The Treasurer/Finance/Technical/Commo Reports were distributed by January 13, 2001 before the meeting to all board members.
- Chair called for any corrections to last minutes, Lasker moved to accept as posted. Boyes seconded. Approved by Board Vote.
- Chair moved to accept Finance/Treasurer Reports. Boyes moved to accept report. Mayerle seconded. Approved by Board vote.
- Chair called for any discussion Requirement Report. Dorsett will complete coordination for installation of all components after CPU arrives, before the end of January. Mayerle moved to accept report. Dailey seconded. Approved by Board vote.
- Chair called for comments on the Commo Report. Dailey send in updated contact report with urls, will update Commo Plan to add that Dailey will do a monthly update. As soon as Tina is ready, will forward urls for ReadAssist.org. Boyes moved to accept report. Mayerle seconded. Approved by Board vote.
- Chair called for comments on Technical and Old Business. Boyes recapped our current position, noted what items were the priority, and what was still needed to get Jimmy set. Chair asked for review of Requirements and Technical reports for next meeting with updated information; costs, specs, and scheduling. Boyes moved to accept report. Mayerle seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for motion to adjourn. Boyes so moved. Dailey seconded. Approved by Board vote.
Submitted by Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, January 15, 2001
Reports for January 14, 2001 Board Minutes, consolidated.
Finance Report, submitted by Judith Lasker, Chair, January 13, 2001
No changes to report
Tech Report, submitted by Walt Boyes, Chair, January 13, 2001
The following have been received by Jimmy:
- HandsOFF! software
- Laptop with assorted software
- NIC card and cat5 cable and crossover cable
- Wireless keyboard
- Wireless trackball
The following have been ordered for Jimmy but not yet shipped:
Atlas-Micro P5000 CPU with speakers (including DVD and CD-RW)
The following have not yet been ordered because we ran out of money:
- IBM via voice software with headset
- Interconnecting cables
- Pageturning device
Requirements Report, Jody Dorsett, Chair
Coordination to hire technician to install all items when the CPU arrives should be completed by Monday, January 15, 2001.
Return to the ReadAssist Main Page