Meeting of the Barfly Arthritis Endeavor Now (B.A.E.N.) Board Committee, March 3, 2001.
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room:
- Mike Spehar, Chairman
- Walt Boyes, Technical
- Pogo Poggiani, Website
- Mike Preston, Treasurer
- Jody Dorsett, Requirements
- Evan Mayerle
- Janet Dailey, Commo
Chair, called meeting to order at 3:05 PM CST, March 1, 2001 and declared a quorum. All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer & Recorder. Minutes of February 10, 2001 meeting were posted to Baen's Bar on February 14, 2001. The Treasurer/ Finance Report was distributed on March 3, 2001 (no changes for last two meetings), Communication Report on March 2, 2001, and update to the Requirements Report was sent out on March 1,2001 before the meeting to all board members.
- Chair called for any corrections to last minutes. There being none, moved to accept them as written. Dailey seconded. Approved with change by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for questions to the new Financial/Treasurer Report. Preston verbally passed on to the board there were no changes since February 9, 2001. Chair moved to accept the report. Boyes seconded. Approved by Board vote.
- Chair noted there was progress in getting Jimmy's installation. Jody stated the installers were there on Friday and should finish on Monday. He hopes to see Jimmy on Wednesday and finalize things then.
- Chair moved to accept the new Communications Report. Poggiani seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for discussion about getting a pageturner for Jimmy. The GEWA device could run over $6K. Poggiani brought up the suggestions that there might be enough expertise within the board and from the Bar to do the job ourselves. The results of this discussion are:
- Boyes will provide specs to Poggiani,
- Poggiani will post a notice that we need help on the Bar,
- Mayerle/Dorsett will contribute CAD time,
- Mayerle will head up a Team to get this accomplished, christened by Poggiani as the Gizmo Design sub-committee, which will be part of the Technical Committee.
- Chair asked for update on status of ReadAssist website. Poggiani and Boyes noted site is up, no longer under construction, minor picture and button style changes are being worked on. Poggiani suggested adding a line on the home page as to why we're asking for donations. Suggestion was tabled until Lasker can review wording with Chair.
- Chair asked for comments on Poggiani's suggested webpage changes dealing with links. Discussion consisted mostly there were lots of site with very little substantive information, which would help disabled readers. Boyes moved to accept Poggiani's outline, with updated information, and work with Tina England on posting to the ReadAssist website. Chair seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for comments on Read Assist's future. Consensus was that we would continue until this fall. Other item brought forward was what is needed for incorporation? Boyes moved and Evan amended that we get Lasker's input and we know exactly what the requirements are for incorporating in Alabama. This item was tabled until we get more information
- Chair asked for motion to adjourn. Boyes so moved. Mayerle seconded. Approved by Board vote.
Submitted by Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, March 4, 2001
Reports for March 3, 2001 Board Minutes, consolidated.
Treasurers Report, submitted by Mike Preston, March 3, 2001
- Financial Position
|Interest Income ||$11.91|
|Total Received|| $2,116.25||$2,286.91|
|Allocated: Balance of computer project||($350.00)|
|Pledges not given up on||$416.25|
Tech Report, no new business
Requirements Report, Update submitted by Jody Dorsett, March 1, 2001
Received Email from Jimmy saying the installers had called and arranged to be there on March 2, 2001.
Commo Report, submitted by Janet Dailey, Chair March 2, 2001
Recap since last report (Feb 23, 2001):
Return to the ReadAssist Main Page