Home pages of science fiction and fantasy magazines, both e and printed. Every magazine has a different flavor, a different sub-set of sub-genres. Some of the contents of the printed magazines are available at these sites. Of course, subscription information is available.
Last revised: January 15, 2008.
Æon Speculative Fiction
- Quarterly electronic magazine. Science fiction, fantasy, horror; fact too.
- The Altair Accretion
- Webzine: fiction, Canadian film guide, etc.
- Analog Science Fiction and Fact
- Analog, the oldest continuously published SF magazine (1930), is often considered the magazine where science fiction grew up. Before 1961, it was named Astounding Science Fiction, and is often referred to as ASF. Also available in e-form, many formats.
- Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine
- ASIM is intended to produce quality fiction in regular doses: adventure, excitement, plunging necklines, tentacles, motorcycles, elves, singing swords, evil creatures, spaceships, and heaps of chrome.
- On-line short-short stories, with a difference.
- Asimov's Science Fiction
- Asimov's publishes science fiction: stories, poems, more. Also available in e-form, many formats.
- Bewildering Stories
- A pseudomonthly e-mag. Fiction, poetry, drama, articles, reviews, art, and/or music.
- Black Gate
- Adventures in fantasy literature.
- Challenging Destiny
- Canadian science fiction and fantasy short story magazine, publishing authors from all over the world.
- On-line science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
- A magazine published in Sydney, Australia; subscriptions available worldwide.
- Darker Matter
- Free on-line magazine.
- Dark Moon Rising
- Science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
- Electric Velocipede
- A small on-line zine, published twice a year.
- Escape Pod
- Weekly podcast of science fiction and fantasy.
- Folklore and speculative fiction.
- Fantasy & Science Fiction
- Founded in 1949, original publisher of many of the classics. Also available in e-form, many formats, and in audio.
- Free on-line quarterly magazine.
- Infinite Matrix
- Webzine: new science fiction, reviews, essays.
- Britain's leading science-fiction and fantasy magazine, founded in 1982. Available on-line through Fictionwise (links provided at Interzone's website).
Jim Baen's UNIVERSE
- On-line bi-monthly magazine, with no DRM, in many formats. Science fiction, fantasy, and fact.
- Leading Edge
- Science fiction and fantasy; some samples available on line.
- Neo-opsis Science Fiction Magazine
- Stories, articles, and reviews. Victoria, B.C., Canada
- On Spec
- Print-only Canadian quarterly.
- A German magazine for fans of fantastic literature and media.
- Planet Magazine
- Free electronic quarterly of short science fiction and fantasy.
- Quantum Muse
- Short stories from new and aspiring writers.
- Raven Electrick
- Eclectic, with subgenres ranging from "cyberpunk" to "cozy" sleuth, sword and sorcery to hardboiled "noir," space opera to vampire yarn, and anything in between.
- An online daily magazine and community dedicated to celebrating the best in science fiction, fantasy, comics, anime, and gaming.
- Strange Horizons
- A weekly web-based magazine of and about speculative fiction.
- Surprising Stories
- An e-magazine, published three times a year. Stories, poetry, articles, editorials.
- Science fiction and dark fantasy.
- TTA Press
- A U.K. publisher of several magazines, in various genres.
- British sf/fan newsletter.
- El Archivo de Nessus
- A magazine from Spain, about science fiction written in or translated into Spanish. Reviews, articles, interviews.
- Books 'n' Bytes
- Reviews, information about authors, etc.
- The on-line home of the professional news and trade journal.
- Ebook news, reviews, and information.
- Leigh Kimmell Bookstore
- On-line reviews.
- Locus Online
- An information and review magazine.
- A speculative fiction Web zine that's been published continuously since 1996. It's part-blog, part-webzine, publishing articles, reviews and editorials about science fiction, fantasy, and horror with heroic and/or libertarian overtones.
- Sci Fi Weekly
- News and commentary.
- The Science Fact and Fiction Concatenation
- Web edition of a fanzine; reviews of books, movies, convention reports, as seen from the U.K.
- SF Crowsnest
- European magazine: news, articles, and gossip. And the website has a lot of fun stuff. (Formerly: Computer Crow's Nest.)
- SF Reviews.net
- Opinions of the books you're thinking of buying.
- Sitio de Ciencia-Ficción
- A magazine out of Mexico, about science fiction available in Spanish (original and translated). Reviews and stories. Chat.
- Articles and reviews.
Not working, Dec 07 -->
- Términus Trántor
- A magazine from Spain.
The links listed above are provided for your information. ReadAssist does not endorse any product or service offered in these websites. Please read all information (including privacy and customer information, warranties and product descriptions) carefully. While ReadAssist makes every effort to be sure all links are to current websites, we cannot guarantee such.