Re: How about....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ReadAssist Message Board ]

Posted by JANET (148.129.143.131) on January 21, 2001 at 14:23:45:

In Reply to: How about.... posted by Lee on January 18, 2001 at 11:42:50:

: You (ReadAssist) seem to have all of Jimmy's needed hardware installed and ready, but what about broadening his selection of online material?

: Through www.baen.com, he can access ebooks from both existing and new authors that Baen has contracted with. What about other publishing companies and their contracted authors?

: Or maybe, get a scanner, OCR software, and start scanning in pages from hardcopied books (that were bought for Jimmy of course!! sheesh), so that he will be able to re-read some of his fav. hardcopy books without requiring a page turner?

LEE,

WE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD ALL OF JIMMY'S NEEDS, YET. STILL WORKING ON THE PAGETURNER AND THE WIRELESS NETWORK. SCANNING A BOOK TAKES TIME AND ENGERY AND JIMMY CAN'T DO IT AND I WON'T WANT TO DUMP THIS PROJECT ON ANYONE UNLESS THEY REALLY WANTED TO DO IT.

RIGHT NOW, I'VE GOT MY HANDS FULL WITH A NEW JOB, WHAT I'M ALREADY DOING WITH BAEN AND ERIC AS WELL AS HAVING A REALITY LIFE. OCCASSIONALLY I TRY TO READ A LITTLE MYSELF.

SO, DO YOU WANT TO GET ENVOLVED? THE EQUPMENT IS A MUTE POINT. POST A REPLY. I'LL BE LOOKING FOR IT.

JANET

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ReadAssist Message Board ]